Monday, November 12, 2012

Laptop & Linen

The creaking, whirring and crashing of my old laptop was a good sign a new one was in order, so I bought myself an Ultrabook. I quickly became anxious of the damage wrought on that slender electronic beauty as it jostled for space with pens, sunglasses and errant gummy bears in my otherwise exquisite grey KikkiK felt bag, so a new laptop sleeve was in order. 

I went on a weekend a pilgrimage to the wonderful Calico and Ivy. I came back with a very sweet cotton-linen blend* that soon became home for the laptop and its associated cables (the laptop sleeve is double thickness with extra layers of felt sewn in for cushioning; the smaller pouch is just a single layer of fabric with a press stud closure). The design is delicate and pretty without being twee, and even with the stitching being a bit wonky in places I am pleased with my new creation.



*I also came back with material for my new Liberty shirt, but no pictures of that as yet...

1 comment: